Being new to the mortgage market the process may seem daunting but rest assured as a First Time Buyer you are the most sought after client the banks are currently looking for.
As an independent broker / advisor we can advise you without prejudice on each of the different banks (operating in the broker market) mortgage offerings for first time buyers.
- Which banks will give an LTV (Loan to Value) Exception and which banks will give an LTI (Loan to Income) exception and what is there criteria?
- Which bank will give me the most money i.e. which banks take account of commissions and overtime?
- Which bank will allow a parent to act as a Guarantor?
- How much of the deposit can be a gift from a parent etc..?
- How much money can I get if I am self-employed?
- What mortgage rates apply? – the difference between Fixed, Variable, Tracker and Discount mortgage rates
- What is the maximum term for a first time buyer?
- Which offer mortgage breaks at the start of your mortgage – allowing you to use your initial monthly repayments to assist in refurbishing the property
- Where to get mortgage protection and who provides the cheapest cover?
After assessing your individual situation and advising you accordingly we will then professionally package your application so that it meets fully with the expectations of the proposed bank.
In addition we are flexible with regard to meeting times so you don’t have to take time off work, as you would with a main street bank.
NB At present we are not charging mortgage customers a fee – if we cannot get you a mortgage we will not be paid commission by the banks.
Also, it is worth noting that the mortgage rates you get from a Broker are the same as those available by going into a branch or applying online.